Johannesburg, 11 February 2018 – The Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (SEIFSA) invites manufacturers operating in the metals and engineering sector to submit their entries for the 2018 SEIFSA Awards for Excellence – which are open to all companies in the sector, including those which are not members of SEIFSA.
Born out of the need to encourage growth and celebrate excellence in the metals and engineering sector, the SEIFSA Awards for Excellence offer a great opportunity for companies operating in this vital sector to receive well-deserved recognition by industry peers for their capabilities, expertise and innovation.
“In such volatile economic times and a challenging business environment, we at SEIFSA believe that it is critically important for those companies that excel at what they do to get the acknowledgement and recognition they deserve,” SEIFSA Chief Executive Officer Kaizer Nyatsumba said.
Entrants will be assessed on their performance in the period January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017 in seven different categories, namely:
- The Most Innovative Company of the Year, which will be awarded to a company that showed the best level of innovation in research and development or production in 2017;
- The Health and Safety Award of the Year will be offered to a company with the best legal compliance record in Health and Safety or the lowest Lost-Time Injury Frequency rate in 2017;
- Entries are also invited from companies whose Corporate Social Investment (CSI) programme/s in 2017 had a major impact on the lives of their beneficiaries;
- The company rated the highest in customer service performance in 2017 will receive the Customer Service Award of the Year;
- The Most Transformed Company of the Year Award will be received by a company that showed the highest transformation level in the composition of its Board of Directors, Executive Management and Managerial Team in 2017 (this award category pits companies employing fewer than 100 people against those of similar size, and companies employing more than 100 companies against others of similar size);
- This is the Decade of the Artisan, and an award will be made to the company that trained the highest number of artisans in 2017;
- The Environment Stewardship Award will go to a company that has successfully implemented greening initiatives in its day-to-day business operations in 2017.
Mr Nyatsumba encouraged manufacturers operating in the metals and engineering sector to take advantage of the opportunities for recognition offered by the SEIFSA Awards for Excellence and submit their entries for the seven categories before the deadline date of 20 April 2018. Participants can enter by visiting the SEIFSA awards website (www.seifsaawards.co.za).
Winners of the Awards will be honored at a ceremony that will take place at the IDC Conference Centre in Sandton on 24 May 2018.
Please note that the closing date for entries is 20 April 2018.
Tel: (011) 298 9411 / 082 602 1725